Sunday, May 10, 2009

Looking Ahead - the Plan

Summer 2009 officially begins at 2:35:00 PDT on Friday, 6/12, and its arrival will be announced by the familiar hoarse ring of our sons' school bell.  Once rung, we will have 10 days to get everything ready and embark on our road trip.

This gives me 40 days to prepare.  Prepare for what you ask?
  1. Pack all of our private possessions into organized, well-labeled boxes so they can be transferred to my parents' home for storage.
  2. Pack all of my sons' clothes into storage so their closets will lay bare.
  3. Pack 85% of my home, including all personal wall-hangings, into our storage room.
  4. Re-arrange my house so that I have a bed in each of my 4 bedrooms. We currently have two rooms serving at media room and office.
  5. Pack for our 45-day road trip.
WHY #1-#5 you ask? Because we have found 4 students from Standfurd (mis-spelled in the most loving way possible by a Cal alum) who will be interning at JPL and will be renting our home fully furnished from mid-June through Labor Day!

Yes, it's A LOT of work. But hey, our mortgage and utilities and such will be covered by their rent, we'll have house sitters while we're gone, and it is the fulfillment of my husband's much-awaited, 9-year-in-the-making answered prayer for his wife to purge all their accumulation and finally really clean the house!

I have 45 days.  Ready, set...

Wait, wait... did I tell you that the river "de-Nile" runs long and strong in my life?  At the banks of denial is where I go to water my roots of procrastination.

Well, as long as we have an understanding. 

Ready, set...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment