Monday, July 25, 2011

My Dad.


I was asked to write a short bio about my dad for his upcoming role in a film. I have been constantly compared to him my entire life - for better or for worse. I thought I'd share with all of us how I see my papa:

Anthony Chang, son of an influential army officer, was born in the Chinese Hubei province and spent his first six years of life with hundreds of surrogate uncles who were under his father’s command.

A gifted writer and speaker, Anthony enjoyed the spotlight of being an articulate political science scholar and drama club member at the National Chenchi (political science) University.

Anthony immigrated to the US in the late 70s with his family and set aside his love for acting for twenty years, until an opportunity was presented to him to step in as producer and host of the first-ever LIVE phone-in talk show on Chinese cable television. Anthony has not only shared his talents on many radio shows, commercials, and films, but is a gifted storyteller and poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment