Thursday, January 6, 2011

I am Not a Masochist

One of the definitions for masochist in Dictionary.com is gratification gained from pain. After a day of rest from BAR, I found myself looking forward to the pain as I headed to class with my friend Carolyn. Does this make me a masochist? Heck no!! How am I so sure? Well because about 6 minutes into my morning class, I found myself completely and utterly ungratified!

Today marks the third class of my 30-day adventure into the Bar Method, and I have to say, today was the most depressing day of the three. I think it was the combination of looking forward to the class, optimism of it being a bit easier to "get," and experiencing a mother of a back spasm about 20 minutes into the class. Whatever the reason, I find myself blogging with a gloom cloud over my head. They talk about a "runner's high." I wonder if today would be considered a "barrer's low?"

I'm still going to tough through it, take lots of ibuprofen (that's for you Sarah J!), and go to class tomorrow. Oh, by the way, if you want a free pass to try this out, let me know. Comment with your email or FB me!

No comments:

Post a Comment