Sunday, July 26, 2009

Baby No More

Jonah is always going to be my baby boy, I know this for certain. Nonetheless, the thought of him losing that first baby tooth has always made me cringe. His baby teeth are tiny, just as he is in stature. It's part of that "cute" package that makes this little man so irresistible.

Deep inside me, not wanting him to lose his baby teeth was all about me trying to hold on to that baby which will inevitably grow up. But knowing this did not stop me from freaking out after he told me that his teeth were wiggly.

Jonah was in the process of biting into a waffle at the Waffle House in Tunica, Mississippi. He was copying Micah and eating the waffle without the use of his hands. He bit down onto the plate and said, "Ow!" I looked up and saw a spot of blood and nothing else where one of his wiggly teeth once occupied his mouth and yelled, "Nobody move!"

After looking on the plate and the table, I got down on my hands and knees to look on the ground. "Oh, there! No, that's just a piece of hash brown! Oh there...no, another bit of hash brown." 8 specks of hash brown, 3 crumbs, and 2 mysterious hairs later, I found the tooth. Tiny. Sharp. Alone.

Needless to say, the Tooth Fairy made her way into our hotel room;. Jonah's note to TF included a request for TF to leave the tooth for his grandma, and to leave an extra dollar for his brother. Well, after reading this very well-composed note, TF left Jonah with $5, PLUS an extra $1 for his brother.

Oh, she also left the tooth from G-Ma.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment