Wednesday, June 17, 2009

C U Later, Procrastinator!


Is procrastination part of the Nature vs. Nurture debate? Can procrastination be cured? Should it be cured?

37 days ago, I happily posted my "resolve" to pace myself and pack my house just in time for my summer tenants arrival on the 17th.  Somewhere along the way, I "miscommunicated" with my husband on the date of their arrival (he said 19th, I said 17th, he talked to the tenants, I said 19th).

37 hours ago, just as I was (procrastinating yet again) updating my Facebook profile to reflect my "resolve" to finish up the clothes portion of my packing, I received a call from my tenant.  "Hey Jennie, just wanted to let you know we'll be there around 3PM tomorrow."

"TOMORROW?!"

Folding nicely became throw everything into the Space Bags (see photo above). Sorting through paperwork quickly morphed into dump everything into a large bin. By the way, did I mention that my husband was still in Texas while all this is happening?!

I shall spare everyone the details of the hours that led up to now. 

What's now? Now is returning from meeting 2 of the 4 guys renting my home for the summer. Now is seeing my garage door close with me on the outside for the first time. Now is lounging in the large massage chair at my mom's house blogging and feeling very, very relieved.

This is the Procrastinator...good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment