Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Where's Our Office? Wherever the Van Takes Us!


There's an 18-wheeler going 12 mph trying to pass up two other 18-wheelers that are going 10-miles an hour. If we are stuck behind the faster of the three trucks, how long before we get to Albuquerque?



As we cruise up the 2-laned Hwy 17, I am the pivotal role model for the 21st Century entrepreneur. My Tom Tom GPS informs me that we are still 322 miles from our destination, while I update real estate forms and send them off to clients on my overheating Sony laptop. I don't worry about my battery running out of juice, as long as I have my trusty power inverter (just learned that word) which allows my computer adapter to plug into an index-card unit that is plugged into the cigarette lighter.



Our Verizon wireless card allows us to access the Internet from wherever we are, and I'm just learning from friends about other amazing services that encourage us to leave the 6-by-6 cubicles and work from our homes, cars, and other more interesting destinations.



Well, gotta go read through a loan document now. I'll send this off now, and hope my wireless card does its job.



Oh, if you're wondering how this multi-tasker is doing all this and driving, she's not. Johnny's behind the wheel and he's talking to himself. Guess it beats the radio!

No comments:

Post a Comment